It’s a well known fact that we can’t control the weather, but we can however, control how we react to it. If you plan to have your wedding outdoors it’s very important that you take precautionary steps to ensure you have everything covered.
- Rent a tent, even if you feel that the weather will be bright and sunny, rent a tent anyways, tents can help shield guests from rain, wind, and scorching sunlight. You can easily decorate your tent just like you would in a hall, yet you still get to have your dream outdoor wedding
- Have a backup location for photographs, everyone wants to have those gorgeous outdoor wedding photos, although mother nature doesn’t always necessarily allow for this, sometimes she has a bit of a temper tantrum, just as you are about to go and take your photos. make sure you have a nearby indoor location as a back up just in case the weather decides to work against you.
- Consider switching the days events, if you notice in the morning that it looks like there might be a storm coming in, consider having your wedding photos done before the ceremony instead of after, you can alter your cocktail hour time to allow for a later ceremony, especially if your ceremony and reception are taking place on site.
- Embrace the rain, they say that rain can be good luck when it rains on your wedding day, make sure you have umbrellas handy and hey, why not add in some cute rain boots to your wedding attire, have a second dress? Let the first dress get a little wet and take some stunning in the rain photos
- Post a back up indoor location on your wedding website so that your guests are aware of where to go at a moment’s notice if you need to change from an outdoor wedding altogether.
- Consider having a back up power generator in the event of very stormy weather, just in case the power goes out, that way the weather doesn’t have to put a damper on your party, your generators can keep things going throughout the night.