Your wedding dress is one of the most important aspects of your Wedding Day. You want to truly make a statement that leaves your guests in absolute awe when you make your grand entrance to walk down the aisle. It’s important that you feel confident and glamorous in your wedding gown, after all, this is probably the only day that you will ever get to wear a dress this elaborate. Since your wedding dress is so important, I have compiled some of my best tips to help you with choosing the perfect gown for your special day!
1) It’s important to allow at minimum 6 months before the wedding when you begin dress shopping, 8-9 months would actually be ideal, as most gowns need to be ordered and can take up to 3 months to be delivered. Then you need to take into account any alterations that need to be made and allow sufficient time for them to be done. You don’t want to run into the issue of your dress not being ready in time for the wedding!
|Alfred Angelo Disney Collection – Cinderella
2) Do your homework! Look online and in Bridal magazines, keep record of dresses and styles that you like. Bring these with you to your Bridal appointment to assist your Bridal Consultant in finding the dress of your dreams.
3) Think about your venue and theme, you want your dress to work well with the overall atmosphere and mood of your wedding. For example, you wouldn’t want to wear an incredibly revealing dress for a church ceremony, nor would you want to wear a very casual looking dress if your venue or theme are very elaborate.
|Gorgeous Mori Lee – View it Here
4) Bring your friends and family members to your Bridal appointments, it’s good to hear the opinions of those who love you. Keep in mind that the more people you bring the more opinions you will get, this can sometimes be a bit confusing to a bride though as everyone will have different opinions. Remember, this is your wedding, not theirs, go with what makes you happy and don’t try to please everyone.
5) When creating your budget for your wedding dress always keep in mind that their will be additional costs for any alterations that may need to be made. Alterations can tack on an additional few hundred dollars or more on top of the price of the actual dress.
6) Buying off rack can save you a lot of money as you would be purchasing the store sample. You can use the additional savings to go towards any alterations that need to be made and cleaning of the dress.
7) Keep comfort in mind, you will be wearing your wedding dress for several hours on Day-Of. It would be awful if you ended up not being able to sit down, breathe or if your dress ended up being itchy, leaving red marks all over your sensitive skin. Fall in love with an uncomfortable dress? Consider purchasing a second dress that you could change into if worse came to worse.
8) Don’t try on too many dresses, the more options you have the harder it’s going to be to choose your favourite. You don’t want to overwhelm yourself with too many options.
Your Wedding Day is very important and so is your dress. Implementing some of these tips will assist you in finding the the dress you’ve always wanted, making the entire ordeal a little less stressful and much more enjoyable!