Looking for some great ideas to help make your wedding your own? Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life and it is important to make it special and meaningful. Personalizing the details of your wedding adds in a special touch.. I have provided a list of unique wedding ideas to assist you with ideas.
1) Instead of hosting your wedding reception in the typical banquet hall style venue, why not try a Country Barn or the Art Gallery of Ontario for a unique touch.
2) Serve your guest small refreshments at the door before the ceremony begins, guests usually arrive early and would definitely appreciate the gesture while they wait for the ceremony to begin.
3) Set up a candy or sweets buffet which can also double as the take home favours!
4) Wow your guests with a surprise choreographed dance (Wedding Party, Bride and Groom, Bride Only etc)
5) How about a change of dress between the ceremony and reception or just after dinner. Show off that flirty dress that was just too risque for the Altar.
6) Instead of the regular photo booth, rent a video booth for all your guests to leave you cute little messages. What a great guest book idea too!
7) Give away your reception centrepieces by playing some games!
8) Instead of a traditional iced cake, serve a “naked” cake. Guests will probably love it since icing is usually very sweet.
9) Serve a grooms cake
10) Do away with the traditional guest book and find something really creative
11) Have a kids activity table set up with colouring books and small games they can play to join in on the fun!
12) Provide “Hangover Kits” for guests to grab on their way out.
13) Display your escort cards in a creative way.
14) Hire a babysitter to look after children
15) Decorate the venues bathroom with organza bows and tulle to match your theme or colour scheme
16) Provide “bathroom basics” things like tampons, hairspray, bobby pins, deodorant stick, mints etc. Your guests who find themselves in need will definitely thank you for it!
17) Have a Ring Bearer’s box instead of a pillow, decorate it how you would like.
18) Design a beautiful Aisle Runner rather than just a traditional white or red, use words, flowers etc to personalize it and make it your own,
19) Hand out small packets of tissues to your guests before the ceremony.
20) Showcase family photos throughout your wedding locations for guests to look at and reminisce over
21) Let your dog be a part of your wedding party (check rules and regulations with your venue first)
22) Embroider the date of your wedding in blue thread on the inside of your dress to be your “something blue”
23) Pay a tribute to the couple who attends your wedding and has been married the longest, have the DJ play their first dance wedding song!